12/10/2015 by Cristiano Bonino 0 Comments
Bagnet Vert Vegan (Green Sauce for Vegans)
Inspired by Battista, owner of Agriturismo Casa Scaparone
This vegan version of a traditional Piedmontese recipe was inspired by Battista, owner at Agriturismo Casa Scaparone. You might enjoy this recipe on our tours in Piedmont!
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 2 cups of parsley
- 1 slice of bread
- 1 Tbsp of vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp of EVOO
- 4 Tbsp of hazelnut flour
- 1 Tbsp of lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- Wash, dry and chop the parsley finely. The traditional recipe utilizes the mezzaluna [half moon] and not the blender!
- Remove the crust of the bread slice, soak the soft part of the bread in vinegar and squeeze it
- Mince the half garlic clove. (If you love garlic use a whole one!)
- Combine hazelnut flour, lemon, 2 Tbsp of squeezed bread, minced garlic and parsley and continue chopping them together very finely
- Put this mixture into a bowl and keep adding EVOO until you obtain a fine sauce
- Taste and adjust with salt as needed
This sauce can be dipped with raw veggies or simply a piece of bread. Buon appetito!