Cycling Tour in Tuscany and Eroica
Top your cycling experience of Tuscany with the quintessential L’Eroica, which celebrates the sport as it was done in times past. The exhilarating amateur ride uses vintage bikes and gears, and includes rest stops that offer local foods and wines. L’Eroica started as an effort to protect the last strade bianche (the ancient gravel ‘white roads’ of the area that were threatened with paving). Enjoy the heart of Tuscany on a vintage bike surrounded by more than 5,000 riders passionate about preserving tradition!
Beyond l’Erioca and other great rides, this tour includes the must-see UNESCO World Heritage sites of Pienza, Siena, and the Orcia Valley, towns of Montalcino, Radda, and Gaiole in Chianti, and the charming villages of Lucignano and Rapolano. Off the bike, we savor local wines, olive oils, and cheeses, and taste and learn about the other unique recipes of the heart of Italy.
Cycling Tour in Tuscany and Eroica
Dates & Pricing
DATES (7 days)
For dates, info and availability please contact us.
Per person in double occupancy: from $4,190
Single Supplement: $690
For travel in 2021 and beyond, your tour is carbon neutral! In addition, we donate more than 1% of your trip price to food-literacy and environmental non-profits that share our values. (Details here)
- Exposure to local culture and history with native, bilingual, experienced Tour Leaders
- Tastings of regional Slow Food Presidia and visits to local wine, cheese, and olive oil makers
- Experience the authentic Tuscan cuisine featuring fresh and seasonal ingredients
- Enjoy some of the best white wines of the region such as Vernaccia of San
- Gimignano and Vermentino and the red wines of Brunello, Chianti and Super Tuscans
- Elegant and traditional accommodation in hand-selected 4-star hotels
- Be part of the exciting event of L’Eroica and experience cycling as the pioneers of this sport used to do in the last century
- Strolls through must-see Tuscan towns such as Montalcino, Pienza and Siena, and the small villages of Lucignano, Gaiole and Radda in Chianti
- Exhilarating rides and opportunities to improve your cycling skills with your Tour Leaders
- Traditional, local recipes to bring home with you!
- 6 nights accommodation in 4-star hotels
- 5 dinners and 3 lunches
- 1 olive oil tasting in agriturismo and 1 visit and tasting to a cheese maker
- Visit at Abbey of Mount Oliveto
- Exhilarating rides in Crete Senesi, Chianti area and in Orcia, Arbia and Chiana valleys
- 1 wine tasting and visit to local winery
- Explore the UNESCO sites of Siena, Pienza and Orcia Valley; discover the historic towns of Montalcino, Gaiole, Radda and Castelnuovo Berardenga
- 2 bilingual professional Tour Leaders
- 1 comfortable 9-seat van available for transportation and assistance during bike rides including water, fresh fruits and snacks
- Bike rental (see more info here) and Garmin Touring Edge unit (if you have one, bring yours and we’ll upload the routes onto your unit)
- Guaranteed entry for the Eroica (medical certification is required)
- 2-day vintage bike rental and 1 vintage wool cycling jersey
- One group transfer from Terontola train station at the beginning of tour
- One group transfer to Montevarchi train station at the end of the tour
- Local taxes & gratuities for luggage porters and restaurants servers during tour
What's Not Included
- 3 lunches and 1 dinner on your own
- Alcoholic beverages at group meals (including wine and spirits)
- Round-trip airfare and expenses to/from the tour
- E-bike, upon request and availability. (See more info here)
- Trip cancellation, baggage loss or travel delay insurance (this optional coverage is highly recommended. See more info here)
- Gratuities for your Tour Leaders. (Info here)
- Personal expenses, such as, but not limited to, phone calls, laundry, emails, snacks, gifts
Optional Pre-Tour Night near Trequanda
Day 1 & 2 – Terontola-Cortona Train Station, Around Crete Senesi and Chiana Valley
Day 3 & 4 – Orcia Valley and Crete Senesi
Day 5 & 6 – Chianti Area and Eroica!
Day 7 – Montevarchi Train Station
To request the itinerary as a PDF or to ask us any questions please contact us today!