11/10/2015 by Cristiano Bonino 0 Comments
Cantucci (Tuscan Cookies)
By Elisa Cucini from Agriturismo il Molinello in Tuscany.
You might enjoy this recipe on our tours in Tuscany!
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 250 gr (2 cups) almonds (not peeled)
- 6 eggs
- 280 gr (1 and 1/3 cup) sugar
- 100 gr (½ cup) butter
- 500 gr (4 cups) all-purpose flour
- 16 gr (1tsp) of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Roast almonds in the oven at 380F for 3-4 mins
- Beat 4 eggs + 1 egg yolk with sugar until the mixture is white and foamy
- Add melted butter and mix
- Add flour and baking powder
- Add roasted almonds and mix evenly
- Roll the dough into a stick and lay it on a tray, brush it with 1 beaten egg
- Cook at 380F for ~20 mins
- Take out of the oven and allow to cool
- Slice diagonally: these are "cantucci!"
- Put the cookies back on the tray and cook at 340F for 10-15 mins and then enjoy with vin santo