11/10/2015 by Cristiano Bonino 0 Comments
Chickpea Pizza (Panelle)
By Giuseppe Pendolino owner Agriturismo Il Principe di Aragona in Sicily.
Ingredients for 6 people:
- 500 grams (4 cups) chickpea flour
- 1.5 liters (4 and ¼ cups) water
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp EVOO
- Mix together the flour and water and cook in a pan on the stove over medium heat
- Continually stir with a whisk until it thickens
- Pour the mixture into a tray with sides at least 4 inches high and allow to cool before placing the tray in the fridge for a few hours
- Take out of the fridge and slice into thin strips ¼-inch wide
- For the quantity you plan to serve, stir-fry in a pan for a few minutes with EVOO on both sides. (Return the remaining uncooked slices to the fridge for another time).