09/27/2020 by foodstoriestravel 0 Comments
Monkfish with Cava Wine Sauce
From the book Cavas Y Vinos de Cataluña.
We found this recipe in Cavas Y Vinos de Cataluña, an informative book focused on the traditional wines of the Catalonia region of Spain, which includes some recipes that feature local noble nectars.
You might enjoy this recipe on one of our tours in Catalonia, Spain or try it at home to feel like you are in the Mediterranean.
Ingredients for 2 people
- 300 grams (2/3 pounds) fresh fillet of monkfish
- 1 medium onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small glass (1/4 cup) of Cava wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp minced parsley
- 3 Tbsp EVOO
- salt to taste
- Mince the garlic and onion
- Pour the EVOO into a pot with minced garlic and onion, and sauté over a medium flame
- Cut the monkfish in cubes, about 1-inch thick per side
- Add the monkish to the garlic and onion, and sautée a few more minutes
- Add the Cava wine, bay leaf, and parsley and continue to cook over medium flame for about 10 minutes or so, until the sauce has thickened to your liking
- Serve on a plate with boiled white rice and/or your preferred veggies
Buen provecho! (Bon appetite in Spanish)