12/14/2015 by Cristiano Bonino 0 Comments
Peperoni Ripieni (Stuffed Peppers)
Inspired by Cristiano's cousin Mariangela.
Ingredients for 8 people:
- 3 bell peppers
- 3 Tbsp of green sauce (see recipe here)
- 1/4 lb of canned tuna
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- 4 Tbsp of milk
- Wash and dry the peppers
- Prick each whole pepper with a fork in several places, then lay on a foil covered cookie sheet and bake in the oven at 400F for 40 minutes or until done
- Place the roasted peppers in a paper bag, roll closed, and let cool
- Carefully remove the skin of each pepper and slice them into pieces, each at least two inches wide
- In a bowl with a fork mix together the green sauce, canned tuna, breadcrumbs and milk
- Cover the interior side of each slice of pepper with a generous lining of sauce. Then roll
There are different versions of this recipe and I love how simple is this one. Buon appetito!