11/10/2015 by Cristiano Bonino 0 Comments
Pork Loin with Lemon and Saffron
By Elisa Cucini from Agriturismo il Molinello in Tuscany.
You might enjoy this recipe on our tours in Tuscany!
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 500 gr (~1.1 lb) of pork loin (not too lean)
- rosemary, sage, salt and black pepper
- 1 lemon juice and rind
- 1/8 tsp of saffron
- half a glass (~3/4 cup) of water
- Finely mince sage and rosemary and massag it into the meat
- Sprinkle with salt and black pepper
- Put meat on a tray with some EVOO and half a glass of water, then in oven at 380 F for 1 hour
- Take it out and to the juice collecting in the bottom of the pan add the juice of one lemon, the rind and 1/8 tsp of saffron
- Turn off the oven and put it back in until you are ready to eat to keep it warm
Buon appetito! (Photo courtesy Peccato di Gola)