10/19/2019 by foodstoriestravel 0 Comments
Vellutata di Zucchine (Zucchini Soup)
By Diliana at Erede di Chiappone Winery in Piedmont.
Sharing here a delicious and personal recipe that comes to us from Diliana who cooks lunch for us on tour when we visit her family-run winery in Piedmont and featuring an unforgettable wine tasting.
You might enjoy this dish on our tours in Piedmont (when zucchini are in season).
Ingredients for 6 people:
- 5 zucchini
- 2 potatoes
- 2 Tbsp of EVOO
- 1 small onion
- 3 Tbsp of chopped up basil
- Salt to taste
- Wash and peel potatoes then dice them
- Wash and dice zucchine
- Chop onion finely and sauté in evoo in a pot on the stove over medium flame
- Pour diced potatoes, diced zucchini and enough water to cover all. Cook for an hour over medium flame
- When done add basil and adjust with salt, then put everything in a blender and puree to make it smooth
- Serve hot and sprinkle with grated Parmigiano Reggiano or add a splash of wine as a garnish into each individual dish to enjoy it as the locals do in Piedmont