12/01/2015 by Cristiano Bonino 0 Comments
By Chef Piera at L’Infernot Restaurant and B&B in Piedmont.
You might enjoy this recipe on our tours in Piedmont!
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 4 eggs
- 4 Tbsp of sugar
- 4 Tbsp of Marsala wine (you can use Moscato dessert wine as well or any other type of wine)
- 1 cup of water
- Cookies or a cake (traditionally served in Piedmont with Krumiri cookies or hazelnut cake)
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites
- Whisk together the yolks with the sugar in a small bowl
- After a few minutes, when the mixture becomes dense enough, add the wine
- Heat the water in a pot (used for cooking the zabajone in bain marie or double boiler style)
- Once the water is hot, place the bowl in the hot water (I usually hold it on one side with a glove) and keep whisking until the zabajone becomes frothy (a few more minutes, usually)
- Serve in a small glass or bowl and enjoy it by itself or dipping cookies or a slice of hazelnut cake