03/26/2016 by Cristiano Bonino 0 Comments
Zucchine alla Scapece
By Teresa, a Neapolitan friend!
You might enjoy this recipe on our tours in south of Italy!
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 3 zucchine
- 1/3 cup EVOO
- 1 sprig of fresh mint
- 1/2 Tbsp of white or red vinegar
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- Wash and cut the zucchini crosswise into discs about 2 mm thick and place them in a colander
- Then sprinkle with salt and let it rest for half an hour to draw out the excess water
- Teresa told us that sometimes she also places the colander under the sun to dry and concentrate the flavors
- In a frying pan heat 1/3 cup of EVOO and cook the zucchini until browned and soft on both sides. Then remove into a plate on absorbent paper towel to drain the excess oil
- Gently mix zucchini with vinegar and mint leaves in a bowl, and let it rest for some hours to reach optimal taste