We are committed to your health, safety, and enjoyment before, during, and after your tour. We are: following COVID-related travel news; conferring with colleagues; keeping current on CDC guidelines; and following industry best practices and regulations.
This Safe Tour Protocol is extremely important to ensuring your safe and smooth enjoyment of your vacation. Please review carefully. Should you have questions or concerns not addressed below, please do not hesitate to contact us.
GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS as of October 1, 2022:
- A Passenger Locator Form is no longer required for Italy, France, Spain, Portugal, Slovenia (when arriving by land or by sea), and Croatia
- To enter Spain, you must show proof of vaccination or a COVID-19 recovery certificate or a negative COVID-19 test--click here and select Spain on the world map to confirm the specific details of the regulations
- Italy, Portugal, France, Slovenia, and Croatia have lifted all COVID-19 entry regulations
- In Italy, wearing an N95 mask is no longer mandatory on all public transportation (still, have a mask on you, to be prepared for every eventuality)
- As of June 12, proof of a negative COVID test to re-enter the U.S. is no longer required
ITEMS TO BRING WITH YOU ON TOUR:
- Electronic copies of your vaccination card and passport, always on your phone
- Laminated photocopy of your vaccination card (good to have as back-up to the electronic copy on your phone)
- Your preferred masks and hand sanitizer. We’ll have a small supply of both, if you forget
WHAT YOU CAN DO BEFORE TOUR:
Please come in good health. Take extra good care of yourself in the weeks leading up to tour. During your travel to the starting point of the tour, please wear a mask and wash your hands frequently. Keep monitoring yourself, and inform your Tour Leader for any symptoms before and during the tour.
WHAT WE DO ON TOUR:
Our itineraries, set in the countryside, lend themselves to lower risk situations. That said, we are taking every precaution that our industry colleagues do, who lead bigger groups and visit more urban settings. These include:
- sanitizing equipment used by the group, including bike pumps and bike tools
- liaising with hotels to ensure thorough cleaning practices--we handpick all of our hotels and maintain strong relationships at each
- arranging dining outdoors, whenever possible and pleasant
- preparing picnic lunches following enhanced food safety protocols
- wearing a mask when transferring in the van or when required indoors
THREE IMPORTANT FAQs:
- Will my Tour Leader be vaccinated? All Tour Leaders are fully vaccinated and boosted when eligible
- What if someone gets symptoms on our trip? Anyone experiencing symptoms will be asked to let their Tour Leaders know immediately and to isolate. Tour Leaders will help organize testing in a local facility
- What if someone tests positive on our trip? If a member of the group tests positive, Tour Leaders will assist that individual and travel partner(s) (roommates) to make alternative arrangements. Tour Leaders will communicate with the rest of the group to ensure the safety of all while endeavoring to continue the tour safely
We are following COVID regulation/travel requirements closely and will let you know of U.S. and destination-country policy changes. For the latest updates on a country-by-country basis, we suggest visiting the IATA Travel Centre site.
Last update: October 1, 2022